Mark your calendar! Stay up-to-date on upcoming student events and activities.
- Request a presentation given by AAPA Membership staff. (3 months before class starts)
- Check that you’ve received your AAPA Student Membership brochures and share it with your students.
- Return your Faculty Roster, Enrollment Roster and last year’s Graduation Roster — if you haven’t already. (2 weeks after program starts)
- Begin PA Week preparations! (late August)
- AAPA National Medical Challenge Bowl
- AAPA Conference — New Orleans (May 19-23, 2018)
Whether you need a PA profession fact sheet for your next open house or access to curriculum resources, we’ve got you covered!
- NEW! Presentations ready for use in the classroom
– Power of PA Profession
– Research and PA Profession Advocacy
- NEW! Fact Sheets and Infographics
– What is a PA Infographic?
– What is a PA? FAQ
– What is a PA? Fact Sheet
– PA Profession and Historical Milestones
- Huddle—AAPA’s new members-only online community for sharing ideas and resources. Plus, search the member directory and send private messages to other Huddle members.
- AAPA Issue Briefs Issue briefs cover a wide range of topics important to PAs and PA practice.
- FREE Classroom Resources from Wolters Kluwer
AAPA student members will receive. FREE, perpetual access to one of the following accessible via Vitalsource:
– Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Integrated Systems
– Marks’ Essentials of Medical Biochemistry
– Step-Up to Emergency Medicine
– Blueprints Medicine
Help your students land their first job! AAPA provides students with exclusive resources to transition from student to practicing PA.
- Career Central
AAPA’s new Career Central is the place to start for the best job search and career advancement tools, practice resources, and more.
- Career Companion
Your PA students can use this step-by-step guide to navigate their job search, certification, reimbursement and more.
- AAPA Salary Report
Get the latest information on PA compensation by region, specialty, employer type, and setting – all broken out by years of experience.
- PA JobSource
Search thousands of PA positions in all locations, setting and specialties in this online job board.
- Career Coach
Save up to 25% on personalized career transition and contract support.
- AAPA and the American Medical Association Credentialing Service
Help graduates avoid the frustration and hardship from delayed hospital credentials and privileges.Submit your graduation data to AAPA and expedite the AMA credentialing process.
- Contacts and Contracts
Find tips on interviewing, contracts, insurance and more – for both new and experienced PAs.
By taking advantage of and participating in AAPA member events and activities, students can advance their career and their profession.
- PA Week
An annual week-long celebration by and for PAs.
- AAPA Conference
Filled with educational, professional and social events and opportunities, AAPA Conference is the largest PA conference.
- AAPA Conference Special Event: The Challenge Bowl
An annual clinical knowledge student team competition, coordinated by the Student Academy of AAPA.
- Student Societies
Groups of at least four PA students who meet regularly to discuss issues of common interest. Each PA program can register a student society with the Student Academy.
Give your students a leg up in their PA studies and career! Encourage them to become AAPA members.
- Savvy PA program directors and administrators are building AAPA membership dues right into their tuition and materials fees.
- Share with students the value of AAPA membership and how you have personally participated in AAPA leadership, events or activities throughout their career.
- Invite AAPA to visit your classroom virtually or in person.
What PA Educators Are Saying
“My program requires and pays for AAPA membership for our students because I think it is important. AAPA helps provide information about the profession, legislation and how changes are and can be made. AAPA also offers many resources from the job bank to CME to the Salary Report information. Our students and faculty love UpToDate as a resource for classes and out on rotations.”
–Michelle Heinan, PA-C, program director, Concordia University, Mequon, Wis.
“I encourage AAPA membership to all of my students because it’s critical for the future of our profession to have students and new graduates engaged now. AAPA connects them to [their] new profession, instills the value of lifelong learning and provides leadership skills to the next generation of PAs.”
–John G. McGinnity, PA-C, AAPA president and program director, Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich.