Core Values and Culture at AAPA
PAs transforming health through patient-centered, team-based medical practice.
AAPA leads the profession and empowers our members to advance their careers and enhance patient health.
- Leadership and Service: We inspire a shared vision to lead the profession, emphasize service to our members and enhance the ability of PAs to serve patients and their communities.
- Unity and Teamwork: We embrace the strength of our members and constituent and partner organizations to speak with one voice for the profession and work together to transform health.
- Accountability and Transparency: We listen, deliver results, take ownership for our actions, and operate in an environment of openness and trust.
- Excellence and Equity: We commit to the highest standards and seek to eliminate disparities and barriers to quality healthcare. Click here to visit AAPA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion resource page.
Benefits and Work-Life Balance at AAPA
AAPA offers the following employee health & wellness benefits:
- Comprehensive medical plans with Care First
- Discount vision plan
- Dental PPO coverage through MetLife
- 401K account with employer match up to 4%
- Employer paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance through Mutual of Omaha
- Employer paid Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability coverage through Mutual of Omaha
- Optional Supplemental Voluntary Life Coverage
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account – Health & Dependent Care
AAPA also offers benefits to promote greater work-life balance:
- Flexible schedules with the ability to work remotely full-time
- Generous PTO – 18 vacation and 12 sick days. All Federal Holidays plus additional time off around major holidays.
- Office early closure on Fridays in the month of August
- Paid week off between Christmas & New Year’s
- Access to Financial planning resources via Principal and Merrill Lynch
- Fun staff “team building” events scheduled throughout the year