Are You Missing Out on These Money-Saving Benefits from AAPA?
Take Advantage of Clinical, Financial, and Professional Discounts
February 18, 2021
As a fellow member, you’ve probably used AAPA’s large catalogue of free and discounted CME, or you’ve attended Conference at the member rate. Maybe you’ve referenced our comprehensive Salary Report to negotiate pay or contemplate changing specialties. But have you taken advantage of all the member benefits that can help save you money?
Enhance Patient Health with Clinical Tools and Resources
AAPA’s mission is to empower our members to advance your careers and enhance patient health – so of course your membership provides access to clinical tools and resources at discounted (or free!) rates. Three of our favorites:
- UpToDate, a clinical decision support resource PAs trust to help make the right point-of-care decisions, – one of our most popular member benefits – is available to you for a 20% discount.
- Canopy, the NIH-funded medical language app, will enable you to communicate with more patients in no time. As an AAPA member, you receive $20 off each Learn Medical Spanish course or $100 off the bundle that includes all three courses.
- OvidMD is a centralized online source for point-of-care and research support tools. Access includes: A to Z Drug Facts, medical calculators, patient education handouts, and more. All AAPA members receive OvidMD for FREE.
Get Out of Debt with Refinancing Partners
We know the financial impacts of PA school are significant. And as you start practicing, your focus should be on your patients, not on your student loan debt.
- PAs can save thousands when they refinance their student loans through SoFi. AAPA members receive an additional 0.25% rate discount when refinancing through SoFi.com/AAPA. You can check your rate in two minutes with no impact on your credit score. SoFi can refinance both federal and private student loans, all with no fees!
- Laurel Road has helped graduates like you save money on their student loans. Plus, AAPA members receive an additional 0.25% rate discount over the life of their loans. Checking your rate is quick and simple. To get started, head to laurelroad.com/aapa.
Look Sharp in a Stocked Office
Your office may be four walls and a desk, or it may be a plastic chair and a tile floor. Maybe you work for a large hospital system, or maybe you’re a self-employed entrepreneur. Whatever your work like looks like, AAPA’s got you covered. From scrubs to post-it notes, we can help you save a little green.
- Medelita offers medical clothes for the modern professional – and the company was founded by a PA! Support a colleague and look sharp while doing so. Medelita offers AAPA members 30% and an optional free AAPA logo on performance lab coats and medical scrubs.
- For office supplies and hardware, AAPA members can access discounts from Lenovo and Office Depot. You can save up to 30% off the everyday public web price of the entire line of Lenovo products, including laptops, desktops, accessories, and more. At Office Depot, save up to 80% on over 93,000 products. Save on your printing, cleaning, and furniture needs. Enjoy FREE next-day delivery on online orders over $50.
- Need to ship? AAPA members now have access to new and improved flat rate pricing with UPS. You could save 50% on Domestic Next Day/Deferred, 30% on Ground Commercial/Residential and up to 50% on additional services. In addition, members can take advantage of UPS Smart Pickup® service for free.
Plan Ahead for a Rainy Day
PAs and other healthcare providers know better than most that life is full of ups and downs – and unforeseen events can cause major ripple effects. Let AAPA help you prepare for a rainy day.
- Don’t assume your employer’s liability coverage is enough. Protect your professional reputation and financial future with PA AssetGuard® from CM&F. It covers gaps and lapses in your employer coverage – and you can take it with you when you leave your current job. Policies start at just $65/month – a small price to pay for peace of mind.
- Receive exclusive savings on auto and home insurance with Liberty Mutual. Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow and may vary by state.
- Designed specifically for Fellow Members of AAPA, Ryan Insurance offers insurance for short-term disability, long-term disability, dental, and vision.
Save 5% on your AAPA membership
Sign up today for our auto-renewal membership and you’ll save 5% EVERY YEAR on your membership dues. Plus, you’ll never have to worry about going without your AAPA membership again. Your wallet and your to-do list will thank you.