Definition: Hospitals, health systems, clinics, medical schools and other duty-of-care providers with quality improvement activities with participating PAs can get their projects approved for AAPA Category 1 PI-CME credit. The organization should apply as the CME provider and award credit to PAs who participate in the activity. This model is most relevant when a whole team is involved, and more than one PA participates.
Accreditation Period: Up to one year.
Type of Credit Issued: AAPA Category 1 PI-CME credit
- The activity must comply with AAPA CME Criteria, which include the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support (PDF).
- This request type is only available to hospitals, health systems, clinics, medical schools, and other duty-of-care providers.
- The quality improvement project must have PA participation.
- The application must include the following:
- Project goals
- Quality improvement methodology
- Project time frame
- Criteria for level of participation required to receive CME credit
- At the end of the accreditation period, the CME provider must provide a project summary to include information on participation, baseline data, interventions, results achieved and lessons learned.
Supporting Documents − Attachments to Your Application