AAPA CEO Search 2020
Due to current market conditions, AAPA’s CEO Search is on hold until further notice. When the search resumes, additional details will be posted to this page.
More than 50 years since its inception, the PA (physician assistant) profession has become pivotal in how healthcare is delivered today in this country. In 2019, the PA profession was named the #1 best job in healthcare by U.S. News & World Report. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the PA profession will increase 37% from 2016 to 2026, significantly faster than average for all occupations.
The American Academy of PAs (AAPA) is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as CEO.
Founded in 1968, AAPA is the national professional society representing more than 131,000 PAs. Based in Alexandria, Virginia, AAPA has more than 60,000 members, 100 staff, and a $26 million operating budget.
AAPA’s mission is to lead the profession and empower members to advance their careers and enhance patient health.
AAPA is the leader in providing support and advocacy for PAs, advancing the profession, transforming healthcare, and championing patient-centered, team-based medical practice. AAPA’s mission, vision, and strategic plan have defined the course AAPA has steadfastly followed.
- Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, MMS, PA-C, AAPA President-Elect (Chair)
- David E. Mittman, PA, DFAAPA, AAPA President and Chair of the Board
- Todd A. Pickard, MMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA, AAPA Board Director/First Vice Speaker, House of Delegates
- Josanne K. Pagel, M.Div., MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA
- James Cannon, DHA, MBA, PA-C, MS, DFAAPA
- Cyndy Flores, PA-C
- Joseph Sutherland, MS, PA-C
- Lisa Gables, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Development Officer, and Interim CEO
- Donna Nogay, Vice President of Marketing, and Interim Vice President for Membership
In October, the Search Committee selected Sterling Martin Associates to partner with AAPA on the executive recruiting process for the CEO position. Sterling Martin is a national executive search firm founded in 2006. They have five offices located across the country, and their team specializes in working with associations and nonprofit organizations on senior-level executive searches.
Selection of Search Committee – July 2019
Selection of Search Firm – October 2019
Completion of CEO Position Profile – November 2019
Recruitment – November 2019, to be completed upon selection of final candidate
Please contact [email protected]