New Research from AAPA
Did you know that the responses you provide to surveys is shared via research publications, News Central articles, and extended data briefs? Read the most recent here:
- Infographic PA Experiences During COVID-19 Six Months Into the Pandemic (December 2020)
- Infographic PAs in Federal Employment (December 2020)
- Publication AAPA promotes PA research through 2020 ePosters digital edition (December 2020)
- Publication The AAPA 2020 poster abstracts special collection is online in JAAPA (December 2020)
AAPA Data Doses
AAPA Data Doses are short infographic reports designed to be read within a minute or two.
AAPA Data Briefs
AAPA Data Briefs are topical reports derived primarily from the PA Practice Survey and are designed to be read in under 5 minutes. They feature a summary of the data and a full set of data tables.
- Insights into the Primary Care PA Experience During COVID-19: 6 Months In
- Insights into the PA Experience During COVID-19: 6 Months In
- PA Use of Telemedicine in June 2020
- COVID-19 and the PA Workforce
- PA Training and Skills to Work With Survivors of Sexual Violence
- PAs and Buprenorphine Waivers
- EHR Usage Among PAs
- A Glimpse into the Aging PA Workforce: A Report from the AAPA PA Practice Survey
- 2018 PA and NP Workplace Experiences National Summary Report
AAPA Research on News Central
You can now find all of the articles authored by Research or about research on News Central by viewing articles by topic!
AAPA Research Publications
- Forthcoming: Reasons Physician Assistants Leave Their Jobs
- Forthcoming: Depression, Burnout, and Professional Outcomes among Physician Assistants
- AAPA promotes PA research through 2020 ePosters digital edition
- The AAPA 2020 poster abstracts special collection is online in JAAPA
- Reexamining the persisting wage gap between male and female PAs
- Physician Assistant Students’ Competency to Identify and Diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Physician Assistants in Ophthalmology: A National Survey
- Physician Assistants Employed by the Federal Government
- An updated National PA Research Agenda
- Improving health disparities in PA practices: A quality improvement initiative
- Towards Earlier Identification: Clinicians’ Perceptions of their Ability to Identify, Diagnose, and Refer Patients with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- PAs are a solution to the growing need for clinicians to treat an aging population
- Burnout and Job and Career Satisfaction in the Physician Assistant Profession: A Review of the Literature
- Burnout, job satisfaction, and stress levels of PAs
- Understanding the Role of Advanced Practice Providers in Oncology in the United States
- Physician assistants in urgent care
- Physician assistants in rural communities
- PAs in primary care: Current status and workforce implications
- Examining the Gap: Compensation Disparities between Male and Female Physician Assistants
- Poster session highlights PA research
- Projected Number of People Eligible to Practice as PAs and the Number of PAs in Clinical Practice in 2007 through 2020 (PDF)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook for Physician Assistants
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2019-2029 Employment Projections (PDF)
The 2020 AAPA Salary Report is now available! In just a few clicks, the interactive 2020 AAPA Salary Report allows you to customize data tables to fit your unique employment situation. Quickly compare the most current PA salary data across specialties, geographic locations, work setting, years of experience, and more. The best part? You still have access to the complete collection of salary data from AAPA.
The AAPA Salary Report remains the most comprehensive PA salary resource on the market. No other report provides this level of detail about PA compensation including base salary, hourly wages, productivity pay, and bonuses.
FREE to AAPA fellow, student, and retired members.*
Learn more about how you would benefit from the AAPA Salary Reports through AAPA News Central Career publications!
- News Central Improve Negotiations with New Digital 2020 AAPA Salary Report (August 7, 2020)
- News Central 2020 AAPA Salary Report Shows Uptick in 2019 PA Salaries, Compensation (August 3, 2020)
Prior years’ reports can be found in the AAPA Shop. under Other Publications and Previous Additions.