American Academy of PAs Announces 2022-23 Board of Directors
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (July 1, 2022) – The American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA) Board of Directors began its 2022-2023 leadership year on July 1. Jennifer M. Orozco, DMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA, will continue her leadership position of President and Chair of the Board of Directors.
During her first year as AAPA President and Chair of the Board, Orozco further elevated the PA profession as a fierce advocate for improved and modernized legislation that allows PAs to practice to the full extent of their education and training.
“The 159,000 PAs currently practicing across the country play a critical role in expanding access to care, accounting for more than 500 million patient visits each year,” Orozco said. “I am honored and humbled to lead AAPA at this pivotal time and to serve with these committed leaders to continue to boldly advocate on behalf of PAs to ensure patients have access to high-quality healthcare.”
Members of AAPA’s 2022-2023 Board of Directors are:
- President: Jennifer M. Orozco, DMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA (Bartlett, Illinois)
- Immediate Past President: Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, PA-C (New York, New York)
- President-elect: Folusho E. Ogunfiditimi, DM, MPH, PA-C, DFAAPA (Deland, Florida)
- Vice President and Speaker of the House: Todd Pickard, MMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA, FASCO (Houston, Texas)
- Secretary-Treasurer: Lauren G. Dobbs, MMS, PA-C (Aledo, Texas)
- Director-at-Large: David J. Bunnell, MSHS, PA-C, DFAAPA (Ellicott City, Maryland)
- Director/First Vice Speaker of the House: Leslie Clayton, MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA (Maple Grove, Minnesota)
- Student Director: Natalie Crump, MS, PA-C (Aurora, Colorado)
- Director-at-Large: Eric P. Martinez, MPAS, PA-C (Houston, Texas)
- Director-at-Large: Deanna Bridge Najera, MPAS, MS, PA-C, DFAAPA (Mt. Airy, Maryland)
- Director-at-Large: Kris Pyles-Sweet DMSc, PA-C (Morganton, North Carolina)
- Director/Second Vice Speaker of the House: Peggy Walsh, MS, PA-C (Denver, Colorado)
- Director-at-Large: Desmond Watt, MMS, PA-C (Glen Ellyn, Illinois)
- Chief Executive Officer: Lisa Gables, CPA (Clifton, Virginia)
Physician Associates (PAs) are licensed clinicians who practice medicine in every specialty and setting. Trusted, rigorously educated and trained healthcare professionals, PAs are dedicated to expanding access to care and transforming health and wellness through patient-centered, team-based medical practice.
To learn more about AAPA’s leadership team, visit aapa.org/bod.
Media Contact: Josh Birch, 443.614.5896
About the American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA)
AAPA is the national membership organization for all PAs (physician associates/physician assistants). PAs are licensed clinicians who practice medicine in every specialty and setting. Trusted, rigorously educated and trained healthcare professionals, PAs are dedicated to expanding access to care and transforming health and wellness through patient-centered, team-based medical practice. PA has been named one of the best jobs overall and one of the best healthcare jobs for the fifth year in a row by U.S. News & World Report. The PA profession ranked number three this year in Best STEM jobs. Learn more about the profession at aapa.org and engage through Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.