American Academy of PAs Announces 2022 Individual Excellence Award Recipients
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (May 25, 2022) – The American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA) is pleased to announce its annual awards to PAs and PA students who have distinguished themselves in service to their patients and their communities, and who have been dedicated advocates for the PA profession.
The 2022 Individual Excellence Award recipients are:
- PA of the Year Award – Joel J. Hunt, PA-C – Denton, Texas
- PA Student of the Year Award – Cassidy McCandless, MS, RD – Springfield, Missouri
- Military Service Award – Amy L. Jackson, DMSc, MPAS PA-C – West Point, New York
- Diversity Award – Shani Fleming, MPH, PA-C – Charlotte, North Carolina
- AAPA/PAEA Preceptor of the Year Award – Kelly Gassman, MPAS, PA-C – Omaha, Nebraska
- Publishing Award – Harrison Reed, PA-C – Washington, D.C.
- Outstanding Student Society – Campbell University Wallace Student Society -Buies Creek, North Carolina
This is the inaugural year for the AAPA Diversity Award, which recognizes a PA or PA group that serves as a champion of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within the PA profession and/or the patient population or community that they serve.
The PA of the Year Award honors a PA who, within the course of a one-year period, demonstrates exemplary service to the community; exemplifies the PA profession’s philosophy of providing accessible, quality healthcare to all; and furthers the image of the profession in a positive, meaningful way.
To learn more about the recipients, visit aapa.org.
Jenni Roberson, 703.380.2764
Josh Birch, 443.614.5896
About the American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA)
AAPA is the national membership organization for all PAs (physician associates/physician assistants). PAs are licensed clinicians who practice medicine in every specialty and setting. Trusted, rigorously educated and trained healthcare professionals, PAs are dedicated to expanding access to care and transforming health and wellness through patient-centered, team-based medical practice. PA has been named one of the best jobs overall and one of the best healthcare jobs for the fifth year in a row by U.S. News & World Report. The PA profession ranked number three this year in Best STEM jobs. Learn more about the profession at aapa.org and engage through Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.