American Academy of PAs Announces 2021-22 Board of Directors
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (July 19, 2021) — The American Academy of PAs (AAPA) Board of Directors began its 2021-2022 leadership year on July 1. Jennifer M. Orozco, MMS, PA-C, DFAAPA, will lead the organization as AAPA President and Chair of the Board.
As Director of Advanced Practice Providers (APP) at Rush University Medical Center, Orozco played a critical part in Rush’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic by leading the drive-through testing operations, as well as provider and staff redeployment efforts.
“In the early months of the pandemic, approximately 1.5 million healthcare workers lost their jobs, and the workforce has still not fully recovered,” Orozco said. “As patients return to care, our country is on the precipice of another health crisis if we cannot fill the void left by COVID-19. I am honored to lead AAPA during this critical time to ensure that our nation’s PAs are fully utilized in efforts to fix the healthcare system and expand access to care.”
Members of AAPA’s 2021-2022 Board of Directors are:
- President: Jennifer M. Orozco, MMS, PA-C, DFAAPA (Bartlett, Illinois)
- Immediate Past President: Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, PA-C (New York City, New York)
- Vice President and Speaker of the House: Todd Pickard, MMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA, FASCO (Houston, Texas)
- Secretary-Treasurer: Lauren G. Dobbs, MMS, PA-C (Aledo, Texas)
- Director-at-Large: Jeremy A. Adler, DMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA (San Diego, California)
- Director/First Vice Speaker of the House: Leslie Clayton, MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA (Maple Grove, Minnesota)
- Director-at-Large: Bethany Grubb, MPH, MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA (Dallas, Texas)
- Student Director: Mariah Leroux, (PA-S Durham, North Carolina)
- Director-at-Large: Eric P. Martinez, MPAS, PA-C (Houston, Texas)
- Director-at-Large: Deanna Bridge Najera, MPAS, MS, PA-C, DFAAPA (Mt. Airy, Maryland)
- Director/Second Vice Speaker of the House: Peggy Walsh, MS, PA-C (Denver, Colorado)
- Director-at-Large: Desmond Watt, MMS, PA-C (Glen Ellyn, Illinois)
- Chief Executive Officer: Lisa Gables, CPA (Clifton, Virginia)
PAs are medical professionals who diagnose illness, develop, and manage treatment plans, prescribe medications, and often serve as a patient’s principal healthcare provider. With thousands of hours of medical training, PAs are versatile and collaborative. PAs practice in every state and in every medical setting and specialty, improving healthcare access and quality.
To learn more about AAPA’s leadership team, visit aapa.org/bod.
Media Contact: Jenni Roberson, 703.380.2764
About the American Academy of PAs
AAPA is the national membership organization for all PAs. PAs are medical professionals who diagnose illness, develop and manage treatment plans, prescribe medications, and often serve as a patient’s principal healthcare provider. Learn more about the profession at aapa.org and engage through Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.