October 27, 2020
Brush Up on Best Practices for LinkedIn
Check out LinkedIn’s Sharing Guide for Tips
June 21, 2019
By Jenni Roberson
With so many informative sessions to choose from at AAPA 2019, you may have missed “Building Your Brand and Professional Health Care Community on LinkedIn” on May 20.
Andrea Lowe, MHA, PA-C, AAPA and CHLM’s leadership and career expert, hosted the session along with LinkedIn Senior News Editor – Healthcare Beth Kutscher, who shared tips and tricks for all levels of LinkedIn users – from newbies to seasoned influencers.
According to Kutscher, health news is a popular topic on LinkedIn, and PAs are positioned to be a trusted source of content and information.
“Each and every one of you is an influencer in your space,” Kutscher said. She emphasized that with LinkedIn, “You get out of it what you put into it.”
To brush up on best practices, see LinkedIn’s Sharing Guide, which includes the following tips Kutscher discussed for making the most of your post.
- Share consistently: The more you share, the more opportunities for your content to be discovered.
- Start a conversation: Engage readers. The more interaction, the more a post gets shared and seen.
- Get personal: Members will want to hear your voice. Share content that interests you even if not directly related to your business.
- Include a photo or video: Posts that include rich media get more comments and more likes.
- Mix it up: Mix insights with business and updates to provide value to followers.
Kutscher also shared some popular editor series PAs will want to follow – and join the conversation!
Jenni Roberson is director of media relations at AAPA. Contact her at [email protected].