Student Society Resources
Student societies are groups of PA students who meet regularly to discuss issues of common interest. Each PA program can register a student society with the Student Academy.
Below are some resources that’ll help you set up a society and stay up to date on society activities.
Student Society Handbook
The Student Society Handbook (PDF) is a guide for PA students, faculty advisors and program directors for establishing a student society, organizing and maintaining the society and making it successful. Use the handbook as a resource and reference tool when electing officers, creating or amending society bylaws, sending representatives to AAPA’s Conference, planning activities and more.
- A student society is a group of PA students who regularly meet to discuss issues of common interest; all must be student members of AAPA.
- Three positions are required to register a student society: the student society president, the Student Academy Representative (SAR), and the state chapter student representative (SCSR).
- Student societies provide PA students with a chance to interact with other students.
- Student societies provide a way to get involved with your peers, the PA profession and the community.
- Registered student societies can send a representative to the Assembly of Representatives (AOR) meeting. They can compete for various Student Academy awards, several of which have a cash prize, and also participate in AAPA’s National Medical Challenge Bowl.
- Societies receive the support of a national organization.
- Registration is free. Register your student society online.