Terms of Sale
These terms and conditions (these “Terms”) apply to the purchase and sale of products and services through AAPA’s internet properties including, without limitation, aapa.org, connect.aapa.org, cme.aapa.org, pa-foundation.org, aapapac.aristotle.com, huddle.aapa.org, www.jaapa.com, paportfolio.aapa.org, yourpacan.org, AAPA profiles on social media sites, and any other digital services (including any SMS service(s) offering), microsites, mobile websites, mobile applications, software, services, products, tools, materials, content, information or properties operated or used by the AAPA from time to time (collectively referred to as the “Site”). These Terms are subject to change by the American Academy of Physician Associates (“AAPA,” “we,” “American Academy of PAs,” “our” or “us”) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. The latest version of these Terms will be posted on this Site, and you should review these Terms before purchasing any product or services that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after a posted change in these Terms will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
2. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products and services listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products or services to you. We may choose not to accept any orders in our sole discretion. After having received your order, we will send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contract of sale between AAPA and you will not take place when payment is submitted. Upon acceptance, all orders are non-refundable.
3. Prices and Payment Terms.
- All prices posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed and will be set out in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your merchandise total and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We are not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors in any offer by us and we reserve the right to cancel any orders arising from such errors.
- Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover for all purchases. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including all applicable taxes, if any.
4. Returns and Refunds. All orders (once submitted and received) are non-returnable and non-refundable.
5. Fellow Membership Terms. AAPA reserves the right to modify its membership tiers, benefits, programs or any aspect of the offering at any time.
6. Upgrades for Fellow Membership. Fellow members may upgrade to a different membership option at any point in their current membership year. Regardless of the timing within their current membership subscription cycle, the upgrade fee owed (and due upon the request to change membership option) is equal to the full difference between the membership option:
- A Fellow Professional member upgrading to Fellow Plus will pay a one-time $200 upgrade fee
- A Fellow Professional member upgrading to Fellow Premium will pay a one-time $700 upgrade fee
- A Fellow Plus member upgrading to Fellow Premium will pay a $500 upgrade fee
Fellow members may also downgrade to a different membership option but will not receive a refund in such instance.
7. Fellow Premium Membership Terms. Subject to the following conditions, Fellow (level) Premium members receive complimentary registration to the annual AAPA Annual Conference (if) held during the then-current year.
- Registration. In order to qualify, Fellow Premium members must register in advance of the in-person conference for access to the event. Fellow Premium members must also maintain an active Premium membership through May 31 of the conference year to receive complimentary registration.
- Registration Fee. Fellow Premium members will receive their complimentary full conference rate during registration and before checkout. Additional ticketed CME, workshops, events, hotel reservations, and donations will be an extra and separate charge(s). No additional discounts, promotions or substitutions are valid.
- Hotel Stay Requirement. Fellow Premium members attending the conference must book a hotel room for a minimum two-night stay during registration to receive the complimentary conference rate. Fellow Premium members that do not book a hotel room within the official AAPA hotel block during registration will be charged an additional $200 registration fee. Exceptions for local residents (within a 50-mile radius) will be given.
- Cancellations. Fellow Premium members are not required to attend the meeting and may cancel their registration at any time. Your registration has no cash value, is nontransferable, and there are no refunds for cancellations. Should you not book a hotel in the AAPA hotel block and pay the applicable registration fee, this fee will be refunded upon cancellation up to (currently) $200 (or such other amount as designated by AAPA).
- Annual Conference Upgrades. A Fellow Professional or Fellow Plus member may upgrade their membership to Fellow Premium for complimentary access to the in-person AAPA Annual Conference by simply paying the applicable membership dues difference between their current membership option and the Fellow Premium option. For these upgrades, please contact customer care for assistance.
- Conference Changes. Please watch the AAPA Annual Conference webpage (aapa.org/conference) for the latest news about our conference. To protect the health of our members, staff, and the public, or for other reasons, AAPA may cancel the event or change the AAPA Annual Conference format, CME credit availability, safety or admissions requirements, or other conference features.
8. PA Portfolio: Subscription Services. We may offer subscription plans with recurring fees for our services (“Subscription Services”). When you purchase any of our subscription services, you authorize AAPA to charge you a monthly or annual Subscription Service fee depending on the billing cycle you choose (in addition to any applicable taxes). We automatically bill the payment method you provide. The first day of your billing cycle is tied to the date you activate your Subscription Services. In the event you later decide to purchase additional Subscription Services, your payment for the additional services will be prorated to the renewal date of your initial Subscription Service. The amount billed may change based on promotional offers, changes to your Subscription Services plan, or changes in applicable taxes. You authorize us to charge your payment method for any changes. Cancellations and refunds are governed by our refund policy above. You can cancel a recurring payment authorization by contacting AAPA’s Customer Care to cancel recurring payment at [email protected]. To avoid unwanted charges for a recurring payment, the buyer must cancel at least five days prior to the next scheduled payment.
- Membership Auto-Renewal Authorization Terms
Your AAPA fellow membership (Fellow Professional, Fellow Plus, or Fellow Premium) will automatically renew annually (unless cancelled by you), and upon such renewal, you hereby authorize AAPA to charge your credit card or debit card on an annual basis for the amount of then-current membership dues as published on the AAPA website, less any applicable discount(s) (to be identified on renewal invoice), including a 5% discount for permitting autorenewal. Charges will occur on the 15th day of your membership expiration month. This authorization will remain in effect until such time as you either cancel your AAPA membership or notify AAPA of your revocation of this auto-renewal authorization. You may revoke authorization at any time prior to your charge date by updating your auto-renewal preferences, or emailing or calling the AAPA Customer Care team at [email protected], 703-836-2272, Option 1 (M-F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET). If the eligible payment you provided in your payment preferences is declined, you must provide a new eligible payment method promptly or your AAPA membership will be canceled.
Last Updated: August 15, 2022