AAPA Announces 2023 Individual Excellence Award Recipients
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (May 21, 2023) – The American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA) is pleased to announce its annual awards to physician associates/physician assistants (PA) and PA students who have distinguished themselves in service to their patients and their communities, and who have been dedicated advocates for the PA profession.
The PA of the Year Award honors a PA who, within the course of a one-year period, demonstrates exemplary service to the community; exemplifies the PA profession’s philosophy of providing accessible, quality healthcare to all; and furthers the image of the profession in a positive, meaningful way.
The 2023 Individual Excellence Award recipients are:
- Eugene A. Stead Jr. Lifetime Achievement Award – Josanne K. Pagel, MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA, EBS – North Ridgeville, Ohio
- PA of the Year Award – Mary K. Banahan, MS, PA-C – Farmingdale, New York
- PA Student of the Year Award – Deepthi Krishna – Williamsville, New York
- Military Service Award – Timothy J. Camasta, PA-C, DFAAPA – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Diversity Award – Daytheon Sturges, PhD, MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA, CHES® – Seattle, Washington
- AAPA/PAEA Preceptor of the Year Award – Allie Thompson, PA-C – Cornelius, North Carolina
- Publishing Award – Roderick S. Hooker, PhD, MBA, PA – Ridgefield, Washington
- Outstanding Student Society – Colorado Mesa University (CMU) PA Program – Grand Junction, Colorado
To learn more about the recipients and the awards, visit aapa.org.
Josh Birch, 443.614.5896
About the American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA)
AAPA is the national membership organization for all physician associates/physician assistants (PAs). PAs are licensed clinicians who practice medicine in every specialty and setting. Trusted, rigorously educated and trained healthcare professionals, PAs are dedicated to expanding access to care and transforming health and wellness through patient-centered, team-based medical practice. PA has been named one of the best jobs overall and one of the best healthcare jobs for the sixth year in a row by U.S. News & World Report. The PA profession ranked number three this year in Best STEM jobs. Learn more about the profession at aapa.org and engage through Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.