American Academy of PAs Announces 2021 Individual Excellence Award Recipients
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (May 26, 2021)– The American Academy of PAs is pleased to announce its annual awards to PAs (physician assistants) and PA students who have distinguished themselves in service to their patients and their communities, and who have been dedicated advocates for the PA profession.
The 2021 Individual Excellence Award recipients are:
- PA of the Year Award – Ho’onani (Nani) Cuadrado, MSPAS, PA-C – Orefield, Pennsylvania
- PA Student of the Year Award – Victoria Ho – Stamford, Connecticut
- Military Service Award – James Jones, PhD, PA-C – San Antonio, Texas
- AAPA/PAEA Preceptor of the Year Award – Katie Sorensen, MSPAS, PA-C – Superior, Wisconsin
- Publishing Award – Joanne Rolls, MEHP, MPAS, PA-C – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Outstanding Student Society – Morehouse School of Medicine Henry Lee “Buddy” Treadwell PA Student Society – Atlanta, Georgia
The PA of the Year Award honors a PA who, within the course of a one-year period, demonstrates exemplary service to the community; exemplifies the PA profession’s philosophy of providing accessible, quality healthcare to all; and furthers the image of the profession in a positive, meaningful way.
To learn more about the recipients, visit aapa.org.
Media Contact: Jenni Roberson, 703.380.2764
About the American Academy of PAs
AAPA is the national membership organization for all PAs. PAs are medical professionals who diagnose illness, develop and manage treatment plans, prescribe medications, and often serve as a patient’s principal healthcare provider. Learn more about the profession at aapa.org and engage through Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.