February 21, 2020
AAPA President and Chair Announces CEO Search Committee
I have asked AAPA President-Elect Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, MMS, PA-C, to chair the AAPA CEO Search Committee. I will also serve on the committee and will be joined by the following PAs:
- Todd A. Pickard, MMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA (Board Director/First Vice Speaker of the House of
- Josanne K. Pagel, M.Div., MPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA
- James Cannon, DHA, MBA, PA-C, MS, DFAAPA
- Cyndy Flores, PA-C
- Joseph Sutherland, MS, PA-C
I have also asked two AAPA staff members to serve on the CEO Search Committee:
- Lisa Gables, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Development Officer, and Interim CEO
- Donna Nogay, Vice President of Marketing, and Interim Vice President for Membership
These individuals bring unique contributions to the committee, from clinical diversity, years of practice, practice setting, leadership experience, or familiarity with AAPA’s day-to-day operations.
The common and unifying trait each member brings to the work that lies ahead is their proven and unquestionable commitment to our profession.
“I am honored to lead this critical effort on behalf of our organization and the PA profession,” said Smolko. “This committee is committed to transparency and will provide regular updates to our members.”
Among the first responsibilities the search committee will undertake are engaging an external search firm and finalizing the profile and success factors required for the position.
In the meantime, please feel free to email with any questions at [email protected].
David E. Mittman, PA, DFAAPA
AAPA President and Chair of the Board