The Nominating Work Group Election was conducted on May 21, 2021 during the 2021 AAPA House of Delegates Virtual Meeting. The results are in!
Nominating Work Group
Click here to view the certified election results from our third-party election vendor YesElections!
What is the Nominating Work Group?
In accordance with the AAPA Bylaws, Article XI, Section 2, the Nominating Work Group is composed of seven (7) members of which five (5) are elected by plurality vote at the House of Delegates annual meeting. Two members are appointed by the Board of Directors. Nominating Work Group candidates should pre-declare their candidacy; however, write-in candidates, and nominations and self-declarations from the House floor will be accepted at the time of elections.
Open Positions, Terms & Descriptions
There are three (3) open positions on the NWG, each with two-year terms beginning on July 1, 2021.
NWG members identify and recruit qualified members and encourage a broad slate of candidates to run for elected positions within AAPA.
Eligibility and Qualifications
In accordance with the AAPA Bylaws, Article XI, Section 3, Nominating Work Group members may not run for any of the positions they are evaluating for the upcoming election. Additionally:
- A candidate must be a fellow member of AAPA.
- A candidate must have been an AAPA fellow member and/or student member for the last three years.
- A candidate must have accumulated at least three distinct years of recognized leadership experience in the past five years through service to the AAPA; an AAPA constituent organization; an AAPA affiliated organization; and/or a healthcare-related professional or community organization. Examples include, but are not limited to: service in the AAPA House of Delegates; the PA Foundation; PAEA; a local hospice support organization; a hospital board.
- Recognized leadership experience must be earned in, at least, two major areas of professional involvement.
- Recognized leadership experience includes a board member or organization officer; an elected or appointed representative; or a chair of a commission, committee, work group or task force.
- Any calendar year or Academy year in which the candidate served in more than one area of professional involvement shall be counted as one distinct year of experience.
- With the exception of the Board-appointed members, a Nominating Work Group member cannot hold any other elected office or commission or work group position in AAPA during the time of service on the Nominating Work Group.
2021 Nominating Work Group Election Timeline
|March 5||Candidate applications open|
|March 31||Deadline for candidate application submission to predeclare for a position.|
|April 22||Slate of candidates as of March 31 are announced. Additional candidates may declare from the floor of the virtual HOD meeting on May 20.|
|May 6||Date eligible voters (Delegates) in the HOD Elections need to be current fellow/student members and credentialed.|
|May 20 (afternoon)||Meet the Candidates Session for the HOD Elections|
|May 21||Voting will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET|
|May 22||Election results announced prior to the start HOD business|
|July 1||2021-22 AAPA leadership year begins|
NWG Meetings Schedule
The NWG meets by conference call periodically throughout the year. The bulk of the NWG’s work is completed between January and May to coincide with the annual election cycle.
Who is Eligible to Vote?
HOD delegates who have current fellow or student membership and are credentialed/voting delegates as of May 6 will be eligible to vote for NWG candidates.