AAPA Survey Documentation for Public Use Data
The following data sets are available for use by qualified researchers upon approval of their application. Please note that not all data in a given data set may be available in order to ensure that the identities of the respondents are protected. Other data are available upon request.
- NEW! 2021 AAPA Salary Survey Data Documentation – Public Use File
- 2020 Salary Survey Data Documentation – Public Use File
- 2019 Salary Survey Data Documentation – Public Use File
- 2018 Salary Survey Data Documentation – Public Use File
- 2020 PA Practice Survey Data Documentation – Public Use File
- 2019 PA Practice Survey Data Documentation – Public Use File
- 2018 PA and NP Workplace Experiences Documentation – Public Use File (PAs only)
- NEW! Bibliography on PA Value 2011 ‐ 2021 (through December 2021)
- Research into the Entry-Level Doctorate Across Four Healthcare Profession: An Annotated Bibliography (through December 2019)
- Articles and Reports on the PA Profession: Selected Topics (through February 7, 2020)
- AAPA Bibliography (through August 2017)
- AAPA Annotated Bibliography (through 2014)
New! NIH All of Us Research Program
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is building one of the most diverse health information resources of its kind through the All of Us Research Program. All of Us aims to enroll more than one million participants to enable research that reflects the rich diversity of this country to advance precision medicine. The program is actively seeking to include participants from historically underrepresented populations.
Researchers are invited to engage with this program. Here’s how:
- Access data and research tools in the All of Us Research Hub. The Hub includes enrolled participant demographics, searchable data in the Data Browser, and a Researcher Workbench platform supporting data analysis and collaboration (note: researchers must apply for Researcher Workbench access).
- Watch “Exploring the All of Us Research Hub,” a free webinar in AAPA Learning Central.
Want to contribute to this important information resource? Enroll in the All of Us Research Program and encourage your patients to participate as well!
Research Support and Consulting
Vital Statistics Consulting is a healthcare research and education company that builds research capacity among PAs in academia and clinical practice. We offer PA faculty, practitioners, and administrators customized research solutions, which include:
- Clinically focused research training modules and on-site seminars/workshops
- IRB and intra/extramural grant preparation
- Study design, statistical analysis, and interpretation
- Medical writing
- Research curriculum design and support for PA Program Directors
- Clinically applicable CMEs on research-related topics
ScienceDocs Inc. is a scientific and medical research support provider. We provide statistical consultation, grant proposal writing (foundations, private grants, academic and SBIR), journal article editing, CV/resume editing/writing and other services. While the focus of these services is primarily on members who are involved in clinical research, ScienceDocs provides assistance to anyone engaged in medical communications of any kind. ScienceDocs, Inc. has agreed to provide AAPA members with a perpetual 20 percent discount off of all of their comprehensive research support services.
Addendum to the selected annotated bibliography of the physician assistant profession, 1993−1999
- Acceptance/collaboration with health professionals – pg. 1
- Ethical issues – pg. 13
- Job satisfaction – pg. 15
- Licensure and certification – pg. 21
- Minority PAs – pg. 31
- Patient acceptance – pg. 37
- Protocols/algorithms – pg. 77
- Quality of care – pg. 79
- Reimbursement – pg. 81
- Role identity – pg. 83