Definition: Through a partnership between PAEA and AAPA, ARC-PA accredited PA programs may submit an annual application to receive eligibility to award AAPA Category 1 CME to their PA preceptors.
Individual preceptors may be awarded a maximum of 20 AAPA Category 1 CME credits for precepting per calendar year, at a rate of 2 AAPA Catagory 1 CME credits per student per 40-hour week.
Accreditation Period: Up to 24 consecutive months. Clinical year start and end dates are specified within the application.
Type of Credit Issued: AAPA Category 1 CME credit
- This request type is only available to PA educational programs with full or provisional accreditation by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Eligibility for AAPA Category 1 CME credit is currently limited to preceptors who are practicing PAs.
- Preceptors must disclose any financial relationship with commercial interests to PA students.
- Preceptors must be fully licensed to practice at the clinical site where the training will occur.
- PA programs are responsible for having a mechanism in place to document credits awarded, issue certificates, and report summary statistics to AAPA.
- The preceptor CME activity must comply with AAPA CME Criteria, in compliance with ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
Reconciliation / Credit Calculation Workbook
Supporting Documents − Attachments to Your Application
- Sample Preceptor Objectives (DOC)
- Sample Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Sample Preceptor CME Certificate (PDF)
- Sample Preceptor CME Evaluation (DOC)
- Activities Details Worksheet (XLS)
- Preceptorship Application Walk-through (PDF)