Seizure First Aid Certification
August 5 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This live Seizure Recognition and First Aid Certification Training is hosted by the Epilepsy Foundation. The Epilepsy Foundation developed this standardized program and envisions this training will become the standard training for seizure first aid throughout the United States.
1. Each person must pre-register for the live training.
2. Complete a pre-assessment (https://bit.ly/SeizureFirstAidPre) prior to the training.
3. Attend the live training.
4. Retrieve the post-assessment passcode at the end of the training.
5. Complete a post-assessment (https://bit.ly/SeizureFirstAidPost) after the training.
6. Retrieve the certificate of completion after passing the post-assessment. The certificate can be saved and/or printed before closing the assessment page. The certificate will be automatically emailed as well.
The Seizure Recognition and First Aid Training certification program provides information and skills to recognize seizures and safely help someone during a seizure. The first aid procedures in the guide reflect the standard of knowledge and current best practices. This information is presented in a format suited for direct training of the public. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a two-year certification.
Participants will be able to meet the following learning objectives:
– Define seizures and epilepsy
– Identify correct and incorrect steps for helping a person having a seizure
– Identify when you should call emergency help (911) in the event of a seizure
– Increase confidence to help a person during a seizure
Continuing Education Credits
Approved for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES). Review the registration confirmation message for the full accreditation statement.