AAPA 2024 Registration and Ticketed Item Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations received on or before Wednesday, April 10, 2024, will receive a full refund, minus a $100 processing fee.
- Cancellations received Thursday, April 11 – Wednesday, April 24, 2024, will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations after Wednesday, April 24, 2024.
- You may cancel ticketed items and receive a full refund if cancellation is received in writing by Wednesday, April 24, 2024. No refunds will be given for ticketed item cancellations after Wednesday, April 24, 2024.
- There will be no refunds for T-shirt purchases after March 1, 2024.
- Cancellation requests must be emailed to [email protected].
- Cancellation refunds requested via check can take up to 2 months to process.
If you do not cancel in writing by April 24, 2024, and do not attend, no refund will be granted.
Fellow Premium Membership Terms
Subject to the following conditions, Fellow (level) Premium members receive complimentary registration to the annual AAPA Annual Conference (if) held during the then-current year.
- In order to qualify, Fellow Premium members must register in advance of the in-person conference for access to the event. Fellow Premium members must also maintain an active Premium membership through May 31 of the conference year to receive complimentary registration.
- Registration Fee. Fellow Premium members will receive their complimentary full conference rate during registration and before checkout. Additional ticketed CME, workshops, events, hotel reservations, and donations will be an extra and separate charge(s). No additional discounts, promotions or substitutions are valid.
- Hotel Stay Requirement. Fellow Premium members attending the conference must book a hotel room for a minimum two-night stay during registration to receive the complimentary conference rate. Fellow Premium members that do not book a hotel room within the official AAPA hotel block during registration will be charged a $200 registration fee. Exceptions for local residents (within a 50-mile radius of George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX) will be given.
- Fellow Premium members are not required to attend the meeting and may cancel their registration at any time. Your registration has no cash value, is nontransferable, and there are no refunds for cancellations. Should you not book a hotel in the AAPA hotel block and pay the applicable registration fee, this fee will be refunded upon cancellation up to (currently) $200 (or other such amount as designated by AAPA).
- Annual Conference Upgrades. A Fellow Professional or Fellow plus member may upgrade their membership to Fellow Premium for complimentary access to the in-person AAPA Annual Conference by simply paying the applicable membership dues difference between their current membership option and the Fellow Premium option. For these upgrades, please contact customer care for assistance.
- Conference Changes. Please watch the AAPA Annual Conference webpage (aapa.org/conference) for the latest news and updates. To protect the health of our members, staff, and the public, or for other reasons, AAPA may cancel the event or change the AAPA Annual Conference format, CME credit availability, safety or admissions requirements, or other conference features.
The discounted registration rate for staying in the official AAPA Hotel Block is available until Thursday, May 2, 2024, per availability.
AAPA’s housing and registration policy was enacted so that we can provide our attendees with discounted hotel room rates, low conference registration costs, a large and varied selection of properties, the best networking opportunities – and an extra $200 off registration!
When you book your room in the official AAPA hotel block, we’ll take $200 off your registration cost. We’ve done the work of scouting out great properties in our host city – this year in Houston, you can choose from 12 options, all convenient to the convention center. Plus, you’ll be surrounded by your colleagues, meaning you’ll make great networking and social connections.
In order to keep providing discounted hotel rates, we have to fill these rooms. The use of hotel booking websites and Airbnb has made filling rooms in our blocks more difficult recently, and an unfortunate alternative would be to increase registration rates to compensate for this loss.
We do NOT want to do this! That’s why we’re giving this $200 discount for attendees who book their reservation for the conference within any of the official AAPA hotels (minimum 2-night stay). Attendees will be prompted to book their hotel and register at the same time in order to apply the $200 discount.
If you live within 50-mile radius of George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX, you are automatically eligible for $200 discount on your registration rate.
If you are sharing a room with other attendees, you may still be eligible for the $200 registration discount, even if you’re already registered. Please contact us for more information.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
AAPA, George R. Brown Convention Center, and all official Meeting hotels comply with the requirements specified by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you have any questions or require special accommodations or auxiliary aid relating to a disability for your conference attendance, please notify AAPA at [email protected] no later than April 13, 2024.
Live animals are prohibited within George R. Brown Convention Center other than animal(s) that serve a guide or service function as defined by ADA or as part of a pre-approved exhibit.
Children, including infants, under the age of 18 are welcome in the public spaces of the Convention Center as well as the Expo on Sunday and Monday during show hours. Please be aware that the Expo is crowded, and that small children and infants should be in strollers or carriers.
Children, including infants, under the age of 18 are not allowed in conference sessions, the Main Stage events, the Opening Reception, or Challenge Bowl due to the safety concerns, audio recording and maintaining an appropriate learning environment.
For specific questions, please contact [email protected].
Conference attire is business casual. Dressing in layers is recommended since the temperature in meeting rooms can vary.
Guest passes are available for purchase on site at the conference for $50. Guest must be accompanied by a registered attendee. Please keep in mind guests are only allowed access to the Expo, Main Stage Events, and Opening Reception. Guest must be 18 years of age or older.
Registered attendees must always wear their official conference name badge to access conference events. There will be a $50 fee to reprint a lost badge. The badge is nontransferable.
Smoking (including vapor cigarettes, electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco) is prohibited in all indoor areas and no closer than 25 ft. from any entrance at designated smoking areas only.
Code of Conduct
The AAPA 2024 national conference is intended for education, networking, and collaboration among PAs. AAPA is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and respectful conference experience regardless of a person’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, age, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical appearance, or other characteristics. AAPA expects conference participants to communicate professionally and constructively and to uphold the professional and educational purposes of the conference.
We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everyone.
Harassment of conference participants or AAPA staff in any form is prohibited. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to offensive verbal comments, expressed or implied threat of physical or professional harm, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. If you experience or notice others experiencing any of the above unacceptable behavior or have any other concerns, please contact AAPA conference staff at [email protected].
AAPA will investigate all incidents reported with discretion and confidentiality. AAPA reserves the right to bar any attendee who violates this Code of Conduct from attending future conferences and/or cancel membership without refund.
Health Safety Measures
By submitting an attendee registration for AAPA 2024, attendees must acknowledge and agree that they are fully responsible for their own safety and actions while participating in the national conference and recognize that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19 through no fault of AAPA.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Be sure to practice everyday preventive actions, including but not limited to social distancing, washing hands often, and monitoring your health daily.
Firearms are not permitted at the George R. Brown Convention Center, Marriott Marquis Houston, or at any off-site venue hosting an AAPA 2024 sanctioned event.