There are two possible airports to travel into when going to Houston. George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is located approximately 23 miles north of downtown Houston. William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) is located approximately 7 miles south of Downtown Houston. To get to downtown from these airports, travelers can do the following:
Airline discount with Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines® is proud to partner with AAPA to offer discounted fares to/from Houston for eligible travelers attending AAPA 2024!
- Book your flights by visiting www.swabiz.com using Company ID: 99352105 to qualify for eligible discounted rates and bonus rapid reward points.
- Qualifying discounts on eligible fares are for reservations booked through SWABIZ from now – May 13, for travel May 13, 2024 – May 26, 2024.
- As a reward for our partnership, travelers will receive 50% more Rapid Reward bonus points* on all qualifying flights* booked via SWABIZ from now through May 13, 2024 and flown to or from Houston, TX (IAH or HOU) between May 13, 2024 through May 26, 2024.
*Restrictions apply. Visit southwest.com/rrterms for more information.
Getting Around Houston
Many of Houston’s attractions are walkable from the convention center, but if you are interested in some other modes of transportation check out these options.
- There is a $6 cab fare anywhere in downtown Houston.
- B-Cyle Program has 90 stations throughout the city if you are interested in biking around.
- For those driving in for the conference, they can utilize SpotHero/Parking Panda to find parking in the city.
- METRO bus system offers bus services.
- Learn more about all of these modes of transportation here.