Registration Cancellation Policy
All cancellation requests for registration and ticketed items must be received in writing. Registration payments made via credit card will be refunded to the original credit card on file and will take four to six weeks. Registration payments made by check will be refunded via check to the original payee and will take six to eight weeks.
- Cancellations received on or before Wednesday, April 13, 2022, will receive a full refund, minus a $75 processing fee.
- Cancellations received between Thursday, April 14 and Wednesday, April 27, 2022, will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received after Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
- You may cancel ticketed items and receive a full refund if cancellation is received in writing by Wednesday, April 27, 2022. No refunds will be given for ticketed item cancellations received after Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
- Cancellation requests must be emailed to [email protected].
If you do not cancel in writing by April 27, 2021, and do not attend, no refund will be granted.
Fellow Premium Membership Terms
Subject to the following conditions, Fellow (level) Premium members receive complimentary registration to the annual AAPA Annual Conference (if) held during the then-current year.
- Registration. In order to qualify, Fellow Premium members must register in advance of the in-person conference for access to the event. Fellow Premium members must also maintain an active Premium membership through May 31 of the conference year to receive complimentary registration.
- Registration Fee. Fellow Premium members will receive their complimentary full conference rate during registration and before checkout. Additional ticketed CME, workshops, events, hotel reservations, and donations will be an extra and separate charge(s). No additional discounts, promotions or substitutions are valid.
- Hotel Stay Requirement. Fellow Premium members attending the conference must book a hotel room for a minimum two-night stay during registration to receive the complimentary conference rate. Fellow Premium members that do not book a hotel room within the official AAPA hotel block during registration will be charged an additional $200 registration fee. Exceptions for local residents (within a 50-mile radius) will be given.
- Cancellations. Fellow Premium members are not required to attend the meeting and may cancel their registration at any time. Your registration has no cash value, is nontransferable, and there are no refunds for cancellations. Should you not book a hotel in the AAPA hotel block and pay the applicable registration fee, this fee will be refunded upon cancellation up to (currently) $200 (or such other amount as designated by AAPA).
- Annual Conference Upgrades. A Fellow Professional or Fellow plus member may upgrade their membership to Fellow Premium for complimentary access to the in-person AAPA Annual Conference by simply paying the applicable membership dues difference between their current membership option and the Fellow Premium option. For these upgrades, please contact customer care for assistance.
- Conference Changes. Please watch the AAPA Annual Conference webpage (aapa.org/conference) for the latest news about our conference. To protect the health of our members, staff, and the public, or for other reasons, AAPA may cancel the event or change the AAPA Annual Conference format, CME credit availability, safety or admissions requirements, or other conference features.
The discounted registration rate for staying in the official AAPA hotel block is available until May 1, 2022, per availability.
AAPA’s housing and registration policy was enacted so that we can provide our attendees with discounted hotel room rates, low conference registration costs, a large and varied selection of properties, the best networking opportunities – and an extra $200 off registration!
When you book your room in the official AAPA hotel block, we’ll take $200 off your registration cost. We’ve done the work of scouting out great properties in our host city – this year in Indianapolis, you can choose from 9 options, all convenient to the Convention Center. Plus, you’ll be surrounded by your colleagues, meaning you’ll make great networking and social connections.
In order to keep providing discounted hotel rates, we have to fill these rooms. The use of hotel booking websites and Airbnb has made filling rooms in our blocks more difficult recently, and an unfortunate alternative would be to increase registration rates to compensate for this loss.
We do NOT want to do this! That’s why we’re giving this $200 discount to attendees who book their reservation for the conference within any of the official AAPA hotels (minimum 2-night stay). Attendees will be prompted to book their hotel and register at the same time in order to receive the $200 discount.
If you live within a 50-mile radius of Indianapolis, you are automatically eligible for the $200 discount on your registration rate. Special considerations may be made for those who live in the Indianapolis area, but are outside the 50-mile radius. Please contact us for more information.
If you are sharing a room with other attendees, you may still be eligible for the $200 registration discount, even if you’re already registered. See our Housing Policy FAQs for more information.
American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
AAPA, the Indiana Convention Center, and all official Meeting hotels comply with the requirements specified by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you have any questions or require special accommodations or auxiliary aid relating to a disability for your conference attendance, please notify AAPA at [email protected] no later than April 15, 2022.
Live animals are prohibited within Indiana Convention Center without approval other than animal(s) that serve a guide or service function as defined by ADA. Questions? Contact [email protected].
Children under the age of 18, including infants, are welcome in the public spaces of the Convention Center. During normal Exhibit Hall hours (Sunday and Monday), children under the age of 18 will be admitted only with parental supervision. No one under 18 years of age will be allowed in the Exhibit Hall during move-in and move-out.
Children under the age of 18, including infants, are not allowed in conference sessions, the General Session, the Opening Reception, or Challenge Bowl, due to safety concerns, recording of audio, and maintaining an appropriate learning environment.
For specific questions, please contact [email protected].
Conference attire is business casual. Dressing in layers is recommended since the temperature in meeting rooms can vary.
Guest passes are available for purchase on site at the conference for $50. Guests must be accompanied by a registered attendee. Please keep in mind guests are only allowed access to the Exhibit Hall, General Session, and Opening Reception. Guest must be 18 years of age or older. All guests must also abide by the COVID-19 safety measures as outlined here.
Registered attendees must always wear their official conference name badge to access conference events. There will be a $50 fee to reprint a lost badge. The badge is nontransferable.
Due to our “green” initiative, smoking (including vapor cigarettes, electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco) is prohibited in all indoor areas and no closer than 25 ft. to any entrance at designated smoking areas only.
Code of Conduct
The AAPA 2022 national conference is intended for education, networking, and collaboration among PAs. AAPA is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and respectful conference experience regardless of a person’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, age, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical appearance, or other characteristics. AAPA expects conference participants to communicate professionally and constructively and to uphold the professional and educational purposes of the conference.
We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everyone.
Harassment of conference participants or AAPA staff in any form is prohibited. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to offensive verbal comments, expressed or implied threat of physical or professional harm, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. If you experience or notice others experiencing any of the above unacceptable behavior or have any other concerns, please contact AAPA conference staff at [email protected].
AAPA will investigate all incidents reported with discretion and confidentiality. AAPA reserves the right to bar any attendee who violates this Code of Conduct from attending future conferences and/or cancel membership without refund.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test
AAPA is requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the start of AAPA 2022 in Indianapolis in order to attend. Check the Safety Measures page for updates and details.
AAPA will follow the guidelines on mask wearing based on current CDC and local guidelines at the time of the conference.