The conference will be held Saturday, May 18, 2019 – Wednesday, May 22, 2019 in Denver, Colorado. All conference events will take place inside the Colorado Convention Center, 700 14th Street, Denver, CO 80202, and the Hyatt Regency Denver, 650 15th St, Denver, CO 80202.
- AAPA 2020 – May 16 – 20, Nashville, TN
- AAPA 2021 – May 22 – 26, Philadelphia, PA
- AAPA 2022 – May 21 — 25, Indianapolis, IN
- AAPA 2018 – May 19 – 23, New Orleans, LA
- AAPA 2017 – May 15 – 19, Las Vegas, NV
- AAPA 2016 – May 14 – 18, San Antonio, TX
- AAPA 2015 – May 23 – 27, San Francisco, CA
- AAPA 2014 – May 24 – 28, Boston, MA
View all registration details including registration categories, rates and letters for employers and PA programs.
AAPA has negotiated discounted hotel rates with several hotels in Denver. All reservations must be made while registering online through AAPA’s official housing site to receive these discounted rates. Remember, by booking in the AAPA 2019 official hotel block, you save $200 on your registration rate!
- There is no prepayment or deposit due at the time of booking.
- When attendees book their rooms through AAPA, it helps us negotiate lower room rates and lower conference expenses. This allows us to keep registration rates lower.
- You can be surrounded by your fellow PAs.
Yes, guest passes are available for purchase on site at the conference for $50. Please keep in mind guests are only allowed access to the Exhibit Hall and the General Session. Guest must be 18 years of age or older.
Education & CME
You can earn more than 35 AAPA Category 1 CME credits in five days, depending on which sessions you attend.
As with all CME, conference CME credit is awarded on an hour for hour basis. Sessions are generally scheduled for 60 minutes which equals one credit.
Self-assessment CME will receive an additional 50 percent weighting when logging with NCCPA. PAs should be aware that the extra weighting for self-assessment activities is only relevant to NCCPA certification. States that require CME for license renewal purposes do not apply any additional weighting for self-assessment CME and PAs must claim those credits exactly as awarded on their CME certificates.
In recognition of the value of self-assessment and its role in continuous professional development, NCCPA is now offering an additional incentive to encourage PA participation in self-assessment activities. For all activities approved for AAPA Category 1 Self-Assessment CME credit, NCCPA will now apply an additional 50% weighting when those self-assessment credits are logged for NCCPA certification maintenance purposes. In other words, if a PA logs 20 AAPA Category 1 Self-assessment CME credits with NCCPA, they will count as 30 of their total 100 credit requirements for that 2 year CME cycle.
PAs should be aware that the extra weighting for self-assessment activities is only relevant to NCCPA certification and NCCPA will automatically apply the extra weighting in their logging system. PAs should log self-assessment credits exactly as they are reflected on their CME certificates. States that require CME for license renewal purposes do not apply any additional weighting for self-assessment and PAs must claim those credits exactly as awarded on their CME certificates.
Fast Fifteen Sessions are 15 minutes of content followed by 15 minutes of Q&A on specific topics. New during AAPA 2018, the content was varied and focused on recent guideline changes with facilitators offering bottom line, must-know clinical details. These sessions are included in your conference registration.
MTE Sessions feature a blend of lecture-based and case-based content, presented by facilitators who guide discussion on a specific topic. They are designed for PAs practicing in the relevant specialty for more than 5 years. These sessions will be available for purchase when registration opens.
Speak Like a Pro (SLaP) is a small group interactive professional development opportunity for PAs interested in becoming better speakers. Participants make brief presentations that will be videotaped and critiqued by experts. These sessions are eligible for 2 AAPACategory 1 CME credits. These sessions will be available for purchase when registration opens.
Workshops at AAPA 2019 aim to provide in-depth practical instruction to enhance your clinical skills, from reading EKGs and knot tying to using bedside ultrasound. Purchase your tickets during the conference registration process. These sessions will be available for purchase when registration opens.
AAPA Conference on Demand gives you online access to sessions recorded at AAPA 2019 and is available for purchase through Learning Central. The full list of sessions to be captured in Denver will not be available until June 2019 as it is dependent on individual speakers giving permission for capture. The content is the presentation slides synchronized with the audio of the speaker’s voice. You must complete an evaluation and clinical questions at the conclusion of the presentation to be able to claim credit.
Want CME from New Orleans? AAPA 2018 Conference on Demand is available now.
AAPA is also offering more than 60 livestream CME sessions available for purchase. That means you can earn 60+ AAPA Category 1 CME credits from the comfort of your own couch! Sign up through the livestream portal and watch live to get a taste of the action in Denver. Check out the livestreaming FAQs.
Requesting Event Space for AAPA 2019
Please fill out the Event Request Form with all your event details. AAPA will assign space and send confirmations on January 31, 2019.
Please fill out the form provided above. Event request must be received by May 1, 2019, to be included in the online conference scheduler and AAPA App.
Attendees of this conference are extremely interested in new products as well as any information that assists them in their care of patients as well as in improving their efficiencies as a healthcare provider. This is an annual conference with a rich history of success for exhibiting companies.
Sponsoring at this conference will improve visibility of your support of the PA profession as well as to increase traffic to your exhibit or product theater.
Housing Policy and Registration Discount
In order for any organization to produce a large national conference, conference cities require the organization to reserve blocks of hotel rooms in the city to accommodate their attendees. Filling these room blocks is required to offset major costs at both the convention center and the headquarters hotel. If the Academy had to absorb these costs, registration fees would escalate considerably. In addition, if AAPA does not fill the hotel blocks, there is no negotiating power for the future. With the advent of Airbnb and discounted hotel websites, filling the blocks is an increasingly difficult task. It is becoming industry standard to require attendees to book inside the block. We have chosen to offer an incentive to stay inside the block in the form of a $200 registration discount.
When you book inside the block, you have the added benefit of not being charged for the deposit until May 2019. Staying within the block affords exceptional networking opportunities and a far more cohesive conference. Our guaranteed low group rates remain the same through the time of the conference.
If you live within a 50 mile radius of Denver, you are automatically eligible for the $200 discount on your registration fee.
The hotel block registration discount is available for all registrants, even if they are sharing a room with another attendee. The $200 discount can be applied for up to four people sharing one room.
Here are the steps to receive the discount for all individuals who are sharing a room:
- The person who will be reserving the room in their name should register first by logging in the registration and housing dashboard.
- When this individual reaches the “Book Hotel” page, they should search for a hotel based on the desired Arrival and Departure Dates. To select a hotel, click the purple button labeled “View Rooms.” Select the desired room type and rate by clicking the purple button labeled “Reserve.” Read and agree to the cancellation policy.
- Fill in information for each guest. The first guest information should be the person who is holding the room in their name. Click save. To add additional guests, select the purple button labeled “Add Person.” Add up to 3 additional guests. Review and check out. The individual booking will now be offered the registration discount of $200.
- Once step one is complete, each guest of that room can go in and register. When arriving on the “Book Hotel” page, please click the white button labeled “No Reservations at this time.” Then select “Sharing a room reserved by someone else.” A blank box will pop up indicating “Please provide the name of the person you are sharing a room with.” Please enter the name of the person who reserved the room and click continue. This will apply the $200 discount at check out.
- Should any issues arise during this process, please contact the meetings department at [email protected].