Welcome to AAPA 2020’s digital edition of Satellite Symposia! These non-commercial scientific sessions carry AAPA Category 1 CME credit and are supported by members of the healthcare industry to complement the conference CME program. They undergo a separate accreditation process that includes content review for bias and balance. These sessions are not a part of the official AAPA Conference program and are planned solely by the educational provider.
AAPA 2020 Sessions
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Apply new evidence into practice regarding the use of diagnostic testing for patients suspected with flu infection.
- Differentiate current options for the treatment of influenza based upon their efficacy and ability to reduce transmission of the disease.
- Utilize antiviral agents as needed to treat patients who are at normal or high risk for complications from influenza.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Genentech, Inc.
At the conclusion of this event, learners should:
- Implement best practices for the timely and accurate diagnosis of primary headache disorders in primary care settings and for referral to specialists when necessary
- Identify the mechanisms of action and clinical profiles of new and emerging therapeutic options for the acute and preventative treatment of patients with primary headache disorders
- Design individualized evidence-based treatment plans for patients with primary headache disorders, particularly cluster headache, in the primary care setting
- Use patient-specific factors to select therapies for patients with primary headache disorders, including QOL assessment and goal setting
- Implement strategies to effectively communicate with patients and educate them in order to establish treatment plans and encourage adherence
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Lilly.