AAPA National Medical Challenge Bowl
Congratulations to Penn State on Winning the 2019 Challenge Bowl!
Cheer on Your PA Program!
This high-energy medical game show will be held on Monday, May 20 at 7 p.m. in the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, CO. All teams will answer multiple choice questions on a screen using an Audience Response System (ARS) keypad. The top-scoring 36 teams will then advance to the on-stage rounds and will answer free response questions on a variety of topics ranging from anatomy, microbiology and psychiatry.
Challenge Bowl Rules,Procedures, and FAQs:
Find information about Challenge Bowl orientation, game scoring and policies in the Challenge Bowl Rules & Procedures.
What types of questions are asked during the competition?
Questions are asked on a variety of subjects, including physical diagnosis, microbiology, anatomy, OB/GYN, pulmonary, cardiology, primary care, emergency medicine and surgery.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- At least 75 percent of all PA students in the team’s PA program must be AAPA student members.
- The team’s Assembly of Representatives representative must attend the AOR meeting held during AAPA’s annual conference.
- All team members must be AAPA student members currently enrolled in an accredited PA program that has a student society registered with AAPA.
- All team members must be registered for AAPA’s annual conference.
- Only one team member per team can be graduating within 30 days of competition.
How do I register a team?
2019 Challenge Bowl registration will open February 1.
What is the cost of registration?
There is no entrance fee. Participants must be registered as conference attendees and show their conference name badge at team registration.
When will I know if my team has been accepted?
- All teams will be notified of their eligibility status in March.
- For more information, contact the Student Academy National Office at 571-319-4310 or email [email protected].
More on the Challenge Bowl: