AAPA is seeking AAPA members to represent the Academy and the profession to the following national medical organizations for a two-year term beginning July 2024 and concluding June 2026:
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ACOG)
- American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine (ACOEM)
- American Geriatrics Society (AGS)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA)
- Renal Physicians Association/American Society of Nephrology (RPA/ASN)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Psychiatric Association
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- National Medical Association
The ideal candidate is an AAPA member who will have demonstrated the ability to develop relationships, assertively address issues with physicians and medical organizations, and have a track record of securing physician support for PA issues. This PA will have an excellent working relationship with AAPA leaders and have extensive clinical experience. They will be well-versed in and supportive of AAPA’s strategic plan and policy positions, particularly optimal team practice and title change. They will understand trends in healthcare, the U.S. political landscape, clinical issues, and policies and sensitivities of the national medical organization.
Liaisons are expected to attend one in-person meeting a year of the national medical organization. Participation in yearly liaison conference calls is also expected. The liaison will be asked to submit a report after attending an in-person meeting.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2024.