Cheer on Your PA Program!
This high-energy medical game show will be held on Monday, May 21 at 7 p.m. in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA. All teams will answer multiple choice questions on a screen using an Audience Response System (ARS) keypad. The top-scoring 36 teams will then advance to the on-stage rounds and will answer free response questions on a variety of topics ranging from anatomy, microbiology and psychiatry.
Challenge Bowl Rules & Procedures:
Find information about Challenge Bowl orientation, game scoring and policies in the Challenge Bowl Rules & Procedures.
What types of questions are asked during the competition?
Questions are asked on a variety of subjects, including physical diagnosis, microbiology, anatomy, OB/GYN, pulmonary, cardiology, primary care, emergency medicine and surgery.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- At least 75 percent of all PA students in the team’s PA program must be AAPA student members.
- The team’s Assembly of Representatives representative must attend the AOR meeting held during AAPA’s annual conference.
- All team members must be AAPA student members currently enrolled in an accredited PA program that has a student society registered with AAPA.
- All team members must be registered for AAPA’s annual conference.
- Only one team member per team can be graduating within 30 days of competition.
How do I register a team?
2018 Challenge Bowl registration will open February 1.
What is the cost of registration?
There is no entrance fee. Participants must be registered as conference attendees and show their conference name badge at team registration.
When will I know if my team has been accepted?
- All teams will be notified of their eligibility status in March.
- For more information, contact the Student Academy National Office at 571-319-4310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on the Challenge Bowl:
Baldwin Wallace University
Barry University- St. Croix
Bay Path University
Baylor College of Medicine
California Baptist University
Case Western Reserve University
Central Michigan University
CUNY School of Medicine
George Washington University
High Point University
Idaho State University
James Madison University
Lake Erie College
Le Moyne College
Lenoir Rhyne University
Mary Baldwin University
Medical University of South Carolina
MGH Institute of Health Professions
Miami Dade College
Midwestern University Downers Grove
Midwestern University Glendale
Northern Arizona University
Nova Southeastern University- Ft. Lauderdale
Nova Southeastern University- Orlando
Nova Southeastern University-Ft Myers
Nova Southeastern University-Jacksonville
Oregon Health & Science University
Pace University-Lenox Hill
Penn State University
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Red Rocks Community College
Rocky Mountain University
Sacred Heart University
Saint Catherine University
Saint Louis University
South College TN
Southern Illinois University
Stony Brook University
The College of St. Scholastica
UNC Chapel Hill
University of Alabama at Birmingham
University of Arkansas
University of Bridgeport
University of Florida
University of Kentucky
University of Mount Union
University of Oklahoma-OKC
University of Oklahoma-Tulsa
University of Southern California
University of the Cumberlands
University of the Pacific
University of Toledo
UT San Antonio
Wake Forest University
Wichita State University