The National Medical Challenge Bowl is a friendly competition coordinated by the Student Academy of AAPA during which teams of three PA students compete by answering medical questions.
Registration begins in February for the 2015 competition, which will be held at AAPA Conference 2015 in San Francisco in May 2015.
Below are answers to some common questions about the Challenge Bowl.
What types of questions are asked during the competition?
Questions are asked on a variety of subjects, including physical diagnosis, microbiology, anatomy, OB/GYN, pulmonary, cardiology, primary care, emergency medicine and surgery.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- At least 75 percent of all PA students in the team’s PA program must be AAPA student members.
- The team's Assembly of Representatives representative must attend the AOR meeting held during AAPA's annual conference.
- All team members must be AAPA student members currently enrolled in an accredited PA program that has a student society registered with AAPA.
- All team members must be registered for AAPA's annual conference.
- Only one team member per team can be graduating within 30 days of competition.
How do I register a team?
Online registration begins Feb. 1, 2015.
What is the cost of registration?
There is no entrance fee. Participants must be registered as conference attendees and show their conference name badge at team registration.
When will I know if my team has been accepted?
- All teams will be notified of their eligibility status in March.
- For more information, contact the Student Academy National Office at 571-319-4310 or email email@example.com.
More on the Challenge Bowl: