Student Leadership Opportunities
Being a Student Academy leader is an excellent way to become involved with AAPA and to develop leadership skills. You can also read about the current officeholders on the Student Academy Board of Directors page and email the student leader who is currently in your position of interest for more details.
Student Leadership & Volunteer Opportunities
- There are multiple Fellowship Opportunities with the LBGT PA Caucus, the African Heritage PA Caucus, and PAs for Latino Health. The deadline for the remaining fellowship is January 15, 20201.
- Research AAPA’s Constituent Organizations and see what leadership and scholarship opportunities they offer students. Constituent organizations (COs) are independent organizations affiliated with AAPA.
- State, U.S. Territory & Federal Service Chapters: AAPA’s constituent chapters provide their members networking opportunities, social gatherings, timely information, advocacy and job resources.
- Specialty Organizations: Specialty organizations support AAPA’s knowledge base regarding medical specialty practice issues.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Special interest groups are informal groups composed of individuals sharing a common goal or interest.
- Caucuses: A caucus is composed of individuals who share a common goal or interest related to healthcare access or delivery
- Check here for more AAPA volunteer opportunities.
2020-2021 Student Academy Board of Directors Election Information
Interested in Becoming a National Student Academy Leader?
- President Elect – Elected, two-year commitment
- Director of Outreach – Elected annually
- Director of Student Communications – Elected annually
- Chief Delegate – Elected annually (requires previous HOD experience)
- Regional Director (6 positions) – Elected annually
- PA Foundation Student Representative –Elected, one-year commitment with the option to be re-appointed for a second year