AAPA is committed to supporting PAs at every step in their education and career. With the goal of increasing awareness of Academy initiatives, expanding student membership and improving student engagement overall, AAPA is seeking passionate members to serve as PA program outreach ambassadors.
AAPA is currently seeking six to 10 PAs to serve as PA Program Outreach Ambassadors for a 12-month term beginning July 2019. Volunteers will be responsible for increasing awareness of the Academy and student membership at PA programs. PAs are specifically desired who practice in California, New York and Texas – although PAs in other key geographic regions will also be considered.
- Current PA member in good standing of AAPA
- Ability to advocate on behalf of the PA profession and AAPA
- Demonstrated superior communication and presentation skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the mission, initiatives and benefit programs of AAPA
PA Program Outreach Ambassador duties and responsibilities:
- Represent AAPA when interacting with PA programs, faculty, staff and students,
- Know and understand key AAPA initiatives, trends in the PA profession and AAPA student member benefits,
- Encourage programs to participate in AAPA student roster program,
- Be available for an in person or virtual presentation training in August or September,
- Facilitate communication with PA programs in a designated geographic region in collaboration with AAPA staff,
- Schedule and conduct PA Program visits in designated geographic region during key matriculation times (August-September, January and May-June) to deliver a presentation about AAPA and student member benefits with the aim to increase student membership and engagement at PA programs,
- Report to AAPA staff on program visits, feedback and insights for ongoing AAPA student member value improvement.
The initial time commitment will last for 12-months, with the possibility of reappointment for a second term beginning in July 2019. The time commitment could be as high 20 hours per month during peak student matriculation times (August/ September, January and May/June). It is highly desired that volunteers will be available to travel to Alexandria, VA for a training in August or September (or be willing to participate virtually). Additional travel will be required through designated geographic regions and depending on PA program locations, some overnight travel may be required. AAPA will reimburse travel expenses for training and PA Program visits, including airfare, hotel, meal per diem and ground transportation, with pre-approval of AAPA staff overseeing the PA Program Outreach Ambassador program.