NCCPA Board of Directors Nominees
AAPA is seeking applications from those interested in being nominated to serve a four-year term on the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) Board of Directors. AAPA will submit two nominations for one available position. The NCCPA Board will make the final selection from the Academy’s nominees.
Applicants must be AAPA members and must meet the criteria established by NCCPA, as follows:
- Demonstrated commitment to the PA Profession
- Relevant experience in PA education and assessment
- Appreciation for the role of certification throughout the PA career
- Ability to think and plan strategically and long-term
- Prior board experience is a plus
- Ability to participate in Board Meetings (see Terms of Appointment below)
- Nominees may not be:
- Members of the board of directors or other managing body of NCCPA Participating Organizations (AAPA, Physician Assistant Education Association, American Medical Association, American Osteopathic Association, Federation of State Medical Boards of the U.S.)
- Employees of any of the organizations listed above
- Employees of a PA membership, certifying, accrediting or otherwise-related organization.
- Members of the Board of Directors of any NCCPA accrediting organization
- Immediate family members (spouse, life partner, child, parent or sibling) of the NCCPA staff, Board or test committee members
For additional information, please read the NCCPA Board Role in Strategic Planning and NCCPA Board Member Code of Conduct.
Candidates should also demonstrate the ability to support effective communication between NCCPA and AAPA; however; it is important to note that the successful nominee becomes a fiduciary of NCCPA.
Term of Appointment
- A four-year term beginning in January 2020, with the potential for re-election to a second four-year term.
- The NCCPA board meets four times a year throughout the U.S. The 2020 meeting dates are as follows.
- November 14, 2019 in Atlanta, GA (board member orientation with option to observe board meeting on 11/15-17)
- February 7-9, 2020
- May 1-3, 2020
- July 31-August 2, 2020
- November 6-9, 2020
Application Process and Deadline
The following are due no later than May 1, 2019
- Completed electronic application form
- A letter of intent describing your qualifications.
- A CV
The AAPA Board of Directors will nominate one or more candidate(s) to the NCCPA. The NCCPA Board of directors will vote to elect the new Board member in August.