Traveling to Washington, D.C., is both easy and affordable because of the various transportation options available.
There are 3 D.C. metropolitan area airports:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Amtrak's Union Station is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.
AAPA has not made arrangements for discounted transportation service from the airports to hotels within AAPA's housing block; nor are there complimentary shuttle services provided by the hotels in the housing block. However, the transportation options available once you arrive in Washington, D.C., are plentiful.
Taxis and Super Shuttle
- Taxis are perhaps the easiest transportation option from the airport to the hotel. Super Shuttle is an affordable alternative. Advance reservations are not required.
Metrorail and Metrobus
- The Metrorail subway system is the second busiest in the country and serves more than 80 stations in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. For additional information about the Metro and its bus service Metrobus, please visit www.wmata.com.